What better way to stay in this weekend than baking delicious and authentic pizzas from scratch and spending time with family and loved ones watching a movie perhaps? Well, in our kitchen, we are making pizza from scratch to enjoy the authentic tastes and flavors. So let us make Pizza from scratch and enjoy the next movie night-in with some pizzas, drinks and desserts.
What are we going to need to make the Pizza Dough?
- All-Purpose Flour
- Instant Yeast
- Garlic Powder
- Basil Leaves
- Gourmet Magic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Warm Water
Now let us make a killer Pizza Dough,
- Pour 1 cup of flour, instant yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl and mix them together. You can also add garlic powder and dried basil if you wish to.
- Add Gourmet Magic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and warm water to the mix and stir them well.
- You can add another cup of flour to this mix and keep adding more flour as and when required to make a cohesive, elastic and consistent dough. Keep kneading until the dough is made properly. Do not panic if the dough is slightly sticky, as it will be normal after a while.
- Take a fresh and clean bowl and drizzle some Gourmet Magic Extra Virgin Olive Oil on it.
- Form the dough into a large round ball and dust your hands off the dough to transfer the dough into the new bowl.
- Roll the dough in the new bowl to cover it entirely with the Gourmet Magic Extra Virgin Olive Oil that you had drizzled across the bowl earlier.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap tightly and store it in a warm place for roughly around 30 minutes And your Pizza Dough is ready for the oven!
But before you bake the dough, there are some more steps you need to follow -
- Preheat the oven to 425F for some time.
- Peel the plastic wrap off as you see that the dough has inflated.
- Use your hands to gently deflate it and transfer it to a flat surface
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin into a 12” round base,
- Transfer the dough on the overproof plate layered with parchment paper. You can also pinch the edge of the dough or fold it to form a crust.
- Drizzle some more Gourmet Magic Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the pizza and brush the oil over the whole pizza.
- Use a fork to poke holes all over the center of the pizza to keep the pizza from inflating and bubbling up in the oven.
- And voila! Your pizza base is made!
Now let us move on to the Sauce and how to make the final Pizza!
For the Pizza Sauce, we are going to be needing -
- Gourmet Magic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Tomato sauce (smooth or pureed)
- Firm mozzarella cheese
- Fontina cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Feta cheese
- Bell peppers
- Italian Pepperoncini
- Italian Sausage
- Black Olives
- Fresh Basil
- Baby Arugula
First things first, let us start off with finely chopping all the vegetables of your choice and sauteeing them on a pan with some Gourmet Magic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. While the vegetables are being sauteed, grate mozzarella cheese, fontina cheese, and parmesan cheese. You should also crumble feta cheese while you’re at it.
Now that all the prerequisites are taken care of, it is time to make the Pizza!
- Take a pan, pour in some Gourmet Magic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, saute some finely chopped garlic and pour in the tomato sauce to cook it well.
- Stir it for a while, add some sugar and then close the pan with a lid to let it cook. Ensure the sauce is thick and does not spread easily, otherwise, the base will become soggy once you lather it on.
- As soon as it is cooked, lather the tomato sauce on the pizza base and let it sit for a while.
- Post that, start putting the cooked vegetables on top of the sauce and sprinkle all your favorite cheese on it.
- Pop the pizza in the oven for final baking and bake it for a good 8-10 minutes. Ensure that the base is golden and crisp and the cheese is all melted.
There you go! Your pizza is ready to be devoured.
Now that the pizza is ready, it is time to set in the movie and sit tight with your family and enjoy the evening. Have a great time, and let us know how the movie went.