Christmas is right around the corner, and finally, after a hiatus of 2 years, we all will be able to meet our near and dear ones without the fear of the pandemic. The much anticipated annual get together with family and friends is truly the one thing to look forward to. As the anticipation grows, so does the list of things on the menu that will be sure to get your guests’ taste buds tingling. And what holiday get-together is ever incomplete without a spicy plate of Chicken Biryani? Let us delve into the recipe that will win the hearts and stomachs of all your guests and
have them wanting the recipe for more.
Ingredients required for Chicken Biryani
Ginger Garlic Paste
MTR Chili Powder
MTR Turmeric Powder
India’s Nature Basmati Rice
Gourmet Magic Sunflower Oil
- Take 1 whole cup of yogurt, MTR chili powder, MTR turmeric and some salt and then whisk them up together in a large bowl to make the marinating paste. Add the chicken and let it sit at room temperature for one hour.
- While the chicken is being marinated, pour some Gourmet Magic Sunflower Oil in a large pan and saute chopped onion till its a deep golden brown in color. Transfer and spread this sauteed onion on a butter paper to drain the oil, season with salt and let it cool.
Meanwhile, wash and rinse the India’s Nature Basmati Rice, soak it in enough water to cook it, add salt, 4 cloves, 3 cardamom pods, and 1 bay leaf and put it on the flame to cook the rice. India’s Nature Basmati Rice is great quality rice that soaks in the flavors of spices, making the rice smell and taste amazing, and cooks really well. Do not cook the rice completely as we will be then putting the rice in the oven, so it will be cooked in the oven.
- While the rice is being cooked, pour some milk, add some saffron in it and stir them together for a while.
- Again pour some Gourmet Magic Sunflower Oil in a large pan and let it simmer over medium heat. Add cinnamon sticks, cumin seeds, 4 cloves, 4 cardamom pods and 2 bay leaves. Cook all this together and stir them till the fragrance diffuses from the spices. Once the spices start becoming a little brown, add ginger and garlic paste and keep stirring continuously.
- Once the smell starts overpowering the dish, add the tomatoes and some salt for taste. Keep mixing the tomatoes and let it squash down to a liquid form.
- Once the tomatoes are done, remove the chicken from the marinade and lay it on top of the tomatoes.
- Then sprinkle the sauteed golden brown onion on top of the chicken.
- Once that is done, drop in the half cooked rice and spices in the container, drizzle the saffron milk over the rice and cover the pan before putting it into the pre-heated oven.
- Bake it for roughly around 30-40 minutes and make sure the chicken is cooked properly and the rice is tender to touch.
- Plate the Chicken Biryani and garnish with the remaining sauteed onions, cilantro and mint leaves.
The layers of the Chicken Biryani is what makes it ravishing and the yummy aroma makes it more enticing than the one you find in the market. Try this recipe this Christmas party and find your way to everyone’s hearts. You can find some of the ingredients very easily on our website too so get shopping right now!